Thursday, April 23, 2015

 

Expose'

Mark Roberts discusses exposing dark deeds. He is cautious. From the first link:
This passage, I believe, does not tell us to expose the dark deeds of others by publicly denouncing them. In fact, the very next verse notes, "It is shameful even to mention what the disobedient do in secret" (5:12). So it seems unlikely that Paul wants us to expose these secret deeds by mentioning them out loud. He must have another sense of "expose" in mind.
And from the second:
I'm not suggesting that we should never speak out against evil. But I am concerned that some Christians get so obsessed with denouncing the dark deeds of others that they diminish the light of Christ in their own lives. They become agents of judgment rather than channels of grace.
Fair enough, but from my perspective I see far more people letting the dark grow for the sake of grace than I do people in ungraceful declaration. Clearly there is some balance point. How do we find it?

My suggestion is the same as always - assume we are all wrong. Make sure your own life in in order before you talk about the other guys. Make sure your actions speak louder than your words. And most of all, confess your own sins, before you worry about someone else's.


|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Site Feed

Blogotional

eXTReMe Tracker

Blogarama - The Blog Directory